Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Happy Birds

I had a lovely and relaxing day.  I met my sister, who is visiting from England, in Orillia which is about half way for both of us.  We shopped, had lunch and chatted.  She learnt to crochet about a year ago and, since them, has progressed to the point she is looking for more challenging projects.  We found a couple of books and lots of lovely yarn for her to buy.  I love helping people spend their money!  She helped me find a new camera which I will be purchasing in a few days as mine is, literally, falling apart.
With the majority of my siblings living overseas, we don't get a lot of time together so, when we do, it is greatly valued. 
I have done so little quilting lately that I am sure my machines are gathering dust.  Hubby is getting better every day but he still is limited in what he can do until the surgeon and physiotherapist tell him otherwise.  He has taken over making a lot of the meal so that is a big help.  However, I still don't seem to be able to get everything done that needs doing.

I see we have lettuce and beet shoots coming up in the garden.  A welcome sight.  Less welcome are the black flies that we noticed while having our cup of tea outside this afternoon.  Ah, well.  I am sure the birds are happy to see them arrive.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment