Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Craft Fairs

I have been having fun trying out the features on my new machine.  I used one of the decorative stitches to do the binding on a crib quilt and learnt how to adjust the needle/up down option so it stops in the down position.  I am making notes on the settings I will use frequently such as the 1/4 inch needle position and  zigzag.
In addition to the binding on the crib quilt, I also searched out a few Christmas/winter UFO's that I can finish for two craft shows that happen in Nov.  Border was added to baby panels and are ready for quilting.  I have to pop into a fabric shop and get some backing for those as well as Christmas fabric for the back of other items. Before I do that though, I better check my stash to make sure I am not buying something I don't need.
Tomorrow, I am off to a friend's to work on a BOM.  It is just about done.  Sashing and borders will be worked on although I am not sure it will get completely finished.  We will probably need at least one more get together to finish the top.  We already have our next project picked out.  It makes quilting doubly enjoyable when you share it with a friend or friends.
I sold my older Janome to a local woman on Monday and am hoping I can talk her into learning to quilt.  I think she would really enjoy it.  Always trying to spread my addiction!
blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment