Friday, January 20, 2017

Snowshoeing

I feeling almost back to normal today.  I have spent most of it quilting:  working on my granddaughter's quilt and then going snowshoeing in the afternoon.  Hubby and I have been trying to get out for over a week but we have either been busy or the weather didn't cooperate.  We wanted to get the trail padded down again so it is easier travelling and also so the dog can walk on it without sinking up to her tummy.
It was heavy going as there was a crust of ice on the snow so we took turns leading.  The snow itself was deep as well as there had been a couple of snowfalls since our last trip.  We got about half the trail done which was a good start.  It is supposed to stay warm for another week so we should be able to get in finished this weekend.
I uploaded a photo to my Pinterest account today.  First time I have done that.  I just opened the account a couple of weeks ago so have to learn how Pinterest operates.  Always something new to learn.
Our bird feeders are really busy and the blue jays are back again.  We hadn't seen them for a while and thought they had left us for a better feeding station.  We also have brown, black and grey squirrels waiting to pick up any droppings.  The should be snug in a burrow but it is mild enough that they are out and about.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment