Wednesday, February 22, 2017

A Good Opportunity

I have had a tiring but productive day.    Our local Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development Committee sponsored a conference on marketing and, even though I dislike meetings, I went so I could gain information that would help me in promoting our Art and Crafts Centre.  I am the chair of publicity and marketing is part of that.  I did learn quite a bit and will be able to apply it to my own business.
We are fortunate in this area to have a lot of these opportunities although they are not usually well attended.  Part of the problem might be that they (or this one anyway) was held during business hours but probably most people just don't feel they are worth the time spent.
The attendance at this one bore out the statistics for job creation: nearly all the businesses represented were run by women and they were the sole employee.  There were only 3 men, 2 of them were presenters and one had just started a new business.  I think he gained a lot of information that was going to be helpful to him plus he offer of donated items that would help him.
Tomorrow, when my brain is functioning again I will start applying some of the things I learnt.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment