Friday, February 17, 2017

Kennel Quilts.


As I mentioned yesterday, my fabric arrived and, along with it, a lovely selection of thread from Superior and Aurifil.  I am just finishing up my doggie mats which will be donated to a local charity which provides veterinary care for animals.
The Island Batik Ambassador's have had two challenges this month  One was a small Valentine themed project and the other was for the Kennel Quilt project.
This project was started to provide small mats for dogs or cats that were being kept in kennels after a natural disaster.  Check out the link to learn more about this worthwhile endeavour. www.kennelquilts.com  As we don't have a need in this area, and the postage is very high to send the amount of mats I have made, I made the decision to give to another animal related need.
We are supposed to get well into the plus side of the thermometer tomorrow which should reduce some of the snow accumulation.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment