Tuesday, May 16, 2017

There is Always One

Modern batik quilts with Island Batik
May is Modern Batik challenge month at Island Batik's so, May is my favourite batik month.  I really enjoy making modern quilts because most of the usual design rules can be ignored.  I find that modern quilts can be very freeing and allow for more creativity.
 I made this quilt from the Dotilicious line and it is well named because the fabric design is dots.  Dots in various sizes and dots that swirl.  I didn't add a border and the binding fabric is the same as the background so there isn't any distraction from the focus fabrics.
 
 
You can't see it in the photo but the circle has a hand quilted number one on it.  This is part of the reason that I named the quilt "There is Always One".  The other reason is that the dark green fabric decided to take its own path and be a circle instead of a square.
I really had fun making this quilt and, of course, working with my Island Batik fabrics. 
I almost forgot to mention that I quilted the top using Aurifil thread in a mellow gold.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment