Thursday, August 10, 2017

July in August

Oh Baby! Crib Quilts
 
Your calendar might say that it is August but today, for me, it is still July.  The Island Batik Ambassador's challenge for this month (July) was a baby or crib quilt.  Because life often gets in the way of schedules, I got  behind.  Our lovely 'sisters plus males' holiday was the major reason for the delay so I am certainly not complaining.  It was a trip of a lifetime but, no matter how much you might enjoy something you do, eventually, have to get back to reality.
I chose pastels for my project but avoided the usual pink and blue.  The bear pattern was from a colouring book and the cat from a quilt book featuring outlines of that noble animal.  I used   Aurifil threads for the outline.  The silk finish gives a lovely sheen without overpowering. The fabrics were from country dozen (bears) Dinner Days (cats) and Dotilicious (background and sashing).
I quilted it in an all over free motion drooping leaves pattern.
Watch for Augusts challenge to be posted shortly and then, I am going to have some good news for those who, like me, love Island Batik fabrics.
Blessings,
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment