Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Strange Growths

 
When I went out to tend the chickens this morning,  I noticed something strange in our log planter.  I took a closer look and realized  two large mushroom growths  seemed to have popped up overnight.  This one was about 8 inches high and consisted of a tight mass of individual fungi.  The one in the photo below was even larger and wrapped around the alyssum.
 
 






The recent warm weather has brought my miniature rose back into bloom  This one is about five years old and has done so well that I think I will get some more.  I don't have any success with the larger roses so I will stick with what works.
Another plant that has done very well this year is this marigold.  This single seed  that was started indoors has turned into a shrub.  I have never seen anything like it.  I will be gathering seeds from it to see if I can duplicate the feat next year.
I finished sewing my blocks together today and am now adding the borders.  I expect to have it finished and photographed tomorrow.  If you haven't entered Monday's contest, don't forget to do so.  There will be one more prize after this one so keep entering.
Blessings,

1 comment: