Tuesday, December 5, 2017

No Reason to Fuss

It has been really windy here.  It started late yesterday afternoon, continued through the night accompanied by rain and thunder and was still blowing today.  The hydro went out for close to an hour so I had to switch plans.  I was going to work on a place mat but decided to hang some more decorations.  Unfortunately, the ones I needed where still in storage and I wasn't going to walk back to it through the wildly swaying trees.  One member of the family being injured by a falling branch is enough.
I did get quite a bit more done on the runner and, when the wind died down, got the other tote with the rest of the decorations.
Hubby is doing better.  The extreme pain he was getting in his right arm is settling down but I am encouraging him to not doing any lifting, carrying or pushing until he gets full clearance from our doctor.  He finds it hard but the time will eventually pass.
We are supposed to get snow tonight.  The bit we had has melted so I am not able to use the sleigh to take water to the chickens and the wheelbarrow doesn't work as well.  I hope the predicted snowstorm doesn't bring another outage.  I asked my personal giftgetter for a decent battery operated radio this year.  I really miss hearing my music when there isn't any electricity.  We can hook a light and regular radio up to our inverter but I hate to drag it out if it is only need for a short period of time.
I don't mind the outages except for the lack of radio and remind myself that a good percentage of the world doesn't even have drinking water.  I have very little to fuss about.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment